The project aims to develop an information network and knowledge base that integrates literature databases and other information resources in the field of European ethics in medicine and biotechnology, providing relevant sources, value-added information, and related legal sources available to academics, researchers, bioethical professionals, decision-makers and consumers alike.
EURETHNET consists of six main projects:
- Internet Portal: provision of an access point to the project and other European bioethics information and networking resources
- EUROETHICS: development of a European database network on ethics in medicine
- ENDEBIT: development of a European database network on ethics in non-medical biotechnology
- Value-added information products: comparative European law or summaries of scientific, legal and moral aspects of current issues
- European core thesaurus: development of the (a) Thesaurus (of) Ethics in the Life Sciences
- Documentary standards: development of (a) common documentary standards for EUROETHICS and ENDEBIT databases