To be unified are:
- the existing bundle of prototype-like services, Vtech: a huge central repository of online copies of documents from University libraries (local, regional, national, worldwide),
- the UO driven search engine retrieving directly from the local repositories of worldwide physics department and their servers, residing at their local library or their institute,
- the library services of scientific document access for the fields of general exact sciences, served by the regional national collection library SUB.
This the project aims at:
- Developing and implementing a joint set of the now quite different syntax and semantics of the classification schemes.
- Implementation, usage evaluation, and work on the acceptance of a joint set of metadata in accordance with the newly founded International Dublin Core Special Interest Group DC: Research.
- Negotiating the overall frame and joint standards of the new service with national learned societies.
- Enforcing the compliance to the standards of the new service by working with the international bodies.
- Assuring coherence by collaboration with the international bodies of adjacent fields by their national societies.
- Setting up cooperation and collaboration with local University Libraries a) via the University Libraries UO and VT, b) via DINI.